Sunday, June 14, 2015


THE PROPHET YISHAYAHU SETS THE MINDS AND HEARTS OF THOSE WHO LOVE RIGHTEOUSNESS, BUT FEEL WEAK, STRAIGHT
With God's Help and with the Permission of my Beloved Teacher, Yeshayahu: I am going to translate one of the passages a bit differently to bring it into line with the Hebrew.
This is the translation offerred.
2 Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bore you; for when he was but one I called him, and I blessed him, and made him many.
I think it should read:
Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah who made your existence possible and brought you into being. I called him one and I blessed him, and made him many.
The numerical value of the word for one - echad, is equal to love.
What God is saying is: I blessed Avraham and though he is called One. But has God not just mentioned Sarah too. Therefore, he is speaking of Avraham and Sarah and being One. Moreover, God says: I blessed Avraham/Sarah that he should be both One and Many. That is to say: All who walk in Avraham and Sarah's way *are one and the same as they*, though the expression of what they are is various - and God loves those them as he loves Avraham/Sarah the original.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1051.htm