Wednesday, March 15, 2006

This Time I Say: YES!

I do not take a simplistic, unilateral, across the board position on the death sentence that allows me an illusory peace of having a mind made up and always knowing just what should be or should not be done.

I think that each individual case has to be considered based on the very specific circumstances.

There are cases in which I believe the death sentence is dead wrong. See my article "Some Thoughts on Revision of the Death Penalty in Light of the Case of Stanley (Tookie) Williams" on the following URL:

http://www.geocities.com/dordot2001/TOOKIEWILLIAMS.htm

There are cases in which I feel it is absolutely right and I do not feel the slightest hesitation or compunction. Cases in which adults rape, torture and kill children are just such cases.

I would, if I was legally enjoined to, carry out the death sentence myself in those cases.

This is one of those cases:
http://tinyurl.com/zrb5r

He himself says he wanted to die just before he raped and murdered that 11-year-old girl.

Let's support him in getting out of his misery, her and his families', and society's.

Doreen Ellen Bell-Dotan, Tzfat, Israel