Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Someone asked: "Do you believe in Soulmates?"

Someone else answered: "I believe that some people have shared a past together and when they find each other in our current incarnation, they know and can share a deeper relationship than most of us. But I also think that searching for one's soulmate can lead to misery if you're not careful. Always trying to find that one special bond that may not be available in our current lifetime. "

I responded:


There is one problem with the belief in reincarnation. It presupposes that time is a vector. There is no reason to assume that this is the case. It appears to us that this is so because of the way that our thought is structured.

I believe that there are soulmates. I believe that they are together eternally, but I also understand that space-time is a creation of our emotions. When we do not wish to be in immediate contact with a person, situation, object, etc., we create space-time to create a distance.

When we want with all of our being to be with our Soulmate we are there - spontaneously and instantaneously.


Doreen Ellen Bell-Dotan, Tzfat, Israel
DoreenDotan@gmail.com