Sunday, August 03, 2008

Case Of Repetitive Child Sexual Abuse by Juvenile in Tzfat Closed?

The 13-year-old who molested and sodomized a number of children in the park near Super Sol has had the investigation about his activities closed due to lack of evidence. The one family of a victim has withdrawn their complaint and no one else will come forward. All of the families involved are religious families. Their Rabbis said to shut the matter up.

One woman said that although her daughter was abused she will not file a complaint. She said that if her father (the victim's grandfather) knew about it he would kill the child (his Granddaughter, the *victim*!)

The matter was on TV and in the press. So much for not airing one's dirty laundry. If you don't, someone else will just have to do it for you.

The message that's getting out in the press is: The Charedi is world very tolerant of these activities and protects child abusers. You can expect to attract more and more of them from the "chozrim b'tshuvah" and more and more people who are already Charedi will "let their freak flag fly" in such an atmosphere.

I spoke to my Daughter about this during kiddush. She said that there *is* a rampant problem with this in the Charedi community, not amongst the Orthodox so much, but among the Charedim. There were a number of incidents in the park her window overlooked in Beit Yisrael when she lived there. Even the wife of an Admor in Me'ah She'arim told her students to be very careful when they take their children to the park. My Daughter heard the Rabbanit sayt this herself when she learned with her and my Daughter tells me that the problem is WIDESPREAD in Me'ah She'arim, Beit Yisrael and other Charedi neighborhoods in Jerusalem. She got annoyed with me when I tried to say that it's not any worse among the Charedim. She said boys are regularly abused in cheder and at the mikveh. She told me not to delude myself and not to let anyone else tried to delude me either. It was one of the main reasons she left the Charedi world after my Grandson was born.

D2