Saturday, December 15, 2007

Who's the Imbecile?

Before going to sleep last night the following scene flashed before me:

I was adjuring someone who had been made apathetic chemically to the point of imbecility.

I tried to reason with the person and explain to him rationally that he was being drugged and made helpless. Of course, he just looked at me with a blank stare, not understanding what I was saying, and not caring.

I tried to prevail upon his emotions and induce outrage in him so that he would fight for his own survival. But he was not capable of outrage and remained wholly impassive.

I tried using every method I could to convince him to act in his own best interest, I tried to reach him again and again, attempting to make him understand that his very life depended upon his reacting appropriately and pro-actively in his own self-defense - all to no avail.

Watching us was someone who responsible for drugging the man. He watched the scene smiling.

As I looked at the sick, smug and self-satisfied smile on his face, I realized I looked like a complete imbecile to him - and he was quite right in his assessment.

I understood that the time for revolution has passed.

For the first time I understood why the Anarchists who called for violent revolution and warned that soon the time would be too late did so, and I knew that they were right.

It is too late for those in the American sphere of influence.

Doreen Ellen Bell-Dotan, Tzfat, Israel

DoreenDotan@gmail.com