Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Lotan Center for Creative Ecology

http://www.kibbutzlotan.com/creativeEcology/index.htm

More than 20 years ago I lived and worked for a short while in Kibbutz Ya'hel in the Arava desert.

Kibbutz Ya'hel was then 5 years old. I worked in the vineyard and
making compost. I worked in the dining room too. It was an unusual Kibbutz kitchen and dining hall, as 1/4 of the members were vegetarians. I was still too much in a New Yawk state of mind to be very good at the lifestyle, but I did love the members and carried wonderful memories of the place away with me for life.

One day we trundled off to nearby Kibbutz Lotan. At the time, Lotan was untouched desert, save two caravans.

While looking for Green Communities in Israel the other day on the
net, I found the Center at Kibbutz Lotan.

It does my heart good to see Lotan go in that direction.

Doreen Ellen Bell-Dotan, Tzfat, Israel

DoreenDotan@gmail.com