Thursday, August 25, 2005

THE UNIVERSE IS OUT TO GET ME

The universe is out to get me. I know it is. It's all one huge, involved plot intended to intimidate and harass me.

I can hear what you're thinking. You think I'm being irrational. You think I'm being overly sensitive. You think I'm exaggerating. You think I'm being the 'p' word. You think I'm wrong. Well, I'm not. I know it's true and I can prove it.

How's this for proof? Sometimes my belongings are moved out of place. They simply aren't where I know I left them last. Somebody is obviously moving them, trying to pull a gaslight, trying to make me doubt my sanity. That's not the worst of it though. The universe is colluding with them. Facts: Whatever has been removed elsewhere is just exactly what I need most at that very instant and if and when I do find what has been hidden from me it is always, but always, in the very last place that I look for it. Now what are the chances of that happening in a universe that has been lined up fair and square? Huh?

I have more proof still that the universe has been designed to drive me to distraction by frustration. Supposedly, I'll get my way half of the time. Right? Nooooo. It never, but never, ever happens that things go my way 50% of the time because that only happens in an infinite number of trials. I'm never gonna get my infinite number of trials because I'm gonna be dead long before that.

Rigged, I tell you, rigged. It's been built to be maddening.

Doreen Ellen Bell-Dotan, Tzfat, Israel
DoreenDotan@gmail.com